The Grand County Colorado Tourism Board (GCCTB) has grant funds available to directly support advertising and marketing efforts or special events that promote tourism within the county, particularly those that encourage overnight lodging. The GCCTB reviews district and countywide grant requests on a quarterly basis each year.
Please review the Marketing and Special Events Funding Policy and the requirements listed below to see if your organization or event qualifies for funding.
Grant Submission Deadlines
- 1st Quarter 2020 - Due: December 13, 2019
- 2nd Quarter 2020 - Due: March 15, 2020
- 3rd Quarter 2020 - Due: June 15, 2020
- 4th Quarter 2020 - Due: September 15, 2020
- 1st Quarter 2021 - Due: December 15, 2020
*Grant submissions must be received by 11:59 PM (MST) on the quarter due dates noted above. Any grant submissions received after the quarter due date will be considered in the following quarter.
Overview of Grant QualificationsGrantees and grant applications must meet the following requirements:
- Encourages overnight stays in Grand County by visitors.
- Encourages tourism in the off-season or low seasons.
- Is unique and promotes the uniqueness of Grand County as a tourist destination.
- Allows other tourism-related businesses and entities to participate in marketing or events.
- If special event request, 50% match is accounted for.
- Organization is a registered non-profit.
- Organization is in keeping with the image of the county created by the overall marketing efforts of the GCCTB.
- The entity shall maintain adequate worker's compensation insurance.
- Entities are REQUIRED to fill out the grant evaluation report within 45 days of the event or at the end of the funded marketing period. The evaluation must include attendance counts, promotional materials, and a financial report, which includes all revenues, in-kind services and expenses. Failure to return this report by the due date will make the organization ineligible for funding in the future for at least a one year period or determined by the entire board.
Submit a Grant Application
If you would like to submit a grant application, complete the “Marketing Funding Request Form” below and click the "Submit" button.
For information on advertising with GCCTB, click here.