Thank you for your interest in the Grand County Colorado Tourism Board (GCCTB) grant process – all grants are currently on hold due to Covid-19. GCCTB has grant funds available to directly support advertising and marketing efforts or special events that promote tourism within the county, particularly those that encourage overnight lodging. The GCCTB reviews district and countywide grant requests on a quarterly basis during the regularly scheduled monthly meetings.
The three districts of the GCCTB are the Fraser Valley District (Winter Park, Fraser & Tabernash), the Three Lakes District (Granby & Grand Lake), and the Mainsteam District (Hot Sulphur Springs, Parshall and Kremmling). Grants will be reviewed at the January, April, July, and October board meetings and must be submitted by the deadlines published below.
Please review the Marketing and Special Events Funding Policy and the requirements listed below to see if your organization or event qualifies for funding.
Grant Submission Deadlines
- 1st Quarter 2020 - Past: December 13, 2019
- 2nd Quarter 2020 - Past: March 15, 2020
- 3rd Quarter 2020 - Suspended: June 15, 2020
- 4th Quarter 2020 - Due: September 15, 2020
- 1st Quarter 2021 - Due: December 15, 2020
*Grant submissions must be received by 11:59 PM (MST) on the quarter due dates noted above. Any grant submissions received after the quarter due date will be considered in the following quarter.
Marketing Grant Requests
Marketing Grant Requests are for non-profit organizations that are established & proven marketing entities within the county formed for the purpose of advertising and marketing tourism throughout Grand County. Funds distributed through GCCTB may not be used to pay for salaries or capital equipment. The marketing plan needs to support the image of the overall marketing efforts of GCCTB and drive overnight stays throughout Grand County.
Special Events Grant Requests
Special Events Grant Requests are for events that are hosted within Grand County and its municipalities. All events must be open to or available to the general public. Contributions from GCCTB funds may not constitute more than half of the funding for a special event. Funds distributed through GCCTB may not be used to pay for salaries or capital equipment. Recurring events will generally receive funding for a maximum of three consecutive years. Grantees must provide a general liability policy covering all of the entity’s operations with a minimum combined single limit amount of not less than one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) for each occurrence. A deductible of not more than $5,000 is required for each special event. This grant is used for the marketing of the special event.
Overview of Grant QualificationsGrantees and grant applications must meet the following requirements:
- Encourages overnight stays in Grand County by visitors.
- Encourages tourism in the off-season or low seasons.
- Is unique and promotes the uniqueness of Grand County as a tourist destination.
- Allows other tourism-related businesses and entities to participate in marketing or events.
- If special event request, 50% match is accounted for.
- Organization is in keeping with the image of the county created by the overall marketing efforts of the GCCTB.
- The entity shall maintain adequate worker's compensation insurance.
- Grant recipients are REQUIRED to fill out the grant evaluation report within 45 days of the event or at the end of the funded marketing period. The evaluation must include attendance counts, promotional materials, and a financial report, which includes all revenues, in-kind services and expenses. Failure to return this report by the due date will make the organization ineligible for funding for at least a one year period or as determined by the entire board.
Submit a Grant Application
All grants are currently on hold due to Covid-19. If you would like to submit a grant application, complete the “Marketing Funding Request Form” below and click the "Submit" button. Once the representative presents at the board meeting, the board and or district members will review the grant request. Grantees will be notified of the results within one business day of the board’s deliberation. Approved requests can be expected to be funded within a month of approval if all required documents have been received.
For information on advertising with GCCTB, click here.